Create Balance, Transformation and Greater Intimacy in your Life by Tapping into your Sexual Energy
Simple tips to write letters, essays, reports, reviews, articles.
Simple tips to write letters, essays, reports, reviews, articles.
1. INFORMAL LETTERS
2. INFORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, (Comma & Hey!) 2. START A LETTER Thank when it comes to previous letter OR apologize for not writing before, 1 or 2 questions regarding family or friends. (1 paragraph that is short — Informal letters to strangers: Reason why you are writing — 3. BODY Answer the data which you have been told, express your interest to know more info on the thing that was mentioned before. Make positive comments, respond 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER with some questions so that the receiver feels, motivated to reply. Give news, be emotional, plan a date, leave contact details (1 pragraph that is short 5. CLOSING LINE (1 line 10 – 15 words) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (1 or 2 words) You may use contractions or phrasal verbs ?
3. INFORMAL LETTER 1. Dear Martin, 2. TO START OUT A LETTER • Thank you for your letter. It had been great to listen to away from you. How’s the new baby? • thank you for your letter and sorry for not replying sooner. • Sorry We haven’t written for way too long. I’ve been really busy lately. And that means you bought a new house! How will it be?
4. 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE • Love, • Lots of love, • Cheers! Take it easy! • Best wishes, • all of the best, Marking Code: Capitalization, Organisation, Punctuation, Register/Formality, Sentence Structure, Spelling, Wrong form, Word order, Wrong tense, Wrong word, Word(s) missing, Omit word. INFORMAL LETTER 5. TO FINISH A LETTER • Give my love to… • Ok, I’ve surely got to go now, so see you soon! • That’s about all. Do write soon and inform me what you’ve been doing. • I look forward to seeing you soon. Many thanks ahead of time for your help.
5. “Task letter”
6. 1. Hello Simon, 2. I’m glad you’re interested in my country. As the friend said, i want us to email one another to assist me boost your English. 3. Let me start with letting you know a bit about myself and my children. My name’s Ivo and I reside in Kutna Hora, that is about 45 minutes from Prague by car. I used to exert effort for a medical company but now I’m understanding how to be a salesperson. Later on I want a working job where I’m able to travel for might work. I’ve been already to some places in Europe but I’ve never gone to an country that is english-speaking. I live at home with my parents, that will be convenient, when I don’t need to do housework that is much my meals are cooked for me. My younger brother is studying at university. Than me, we get on quite well although he is four years younger. We both enjoy music and snowboarding. 4. What about you? Have you ever been to the Czech Republic? It could be great if you could come over one day and now we could fix up a meeting. The trend is to inform me your plans? 5. Anyway, i need to go and obtain on with might work! Getting excited about hearing from you soon. 6. Best wishes, 7. Siore (180-190 words)
7. FORMAL LETTERS
8. FORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, To strangers: To whom it may concern, 2. START A LETTER State the good reason why you will be writing. (1 short paragraph) 3. BODY Answer the details which you have been told. Give information regarding the issue you are currently talking about. Respond the task references 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER by expressing what do you wish to get as a result or answer. (Offer solutions, ask for something in return). Leave contact details (1 pragraph that is short 5. CLOSING LINE (look forward to ______ing ….) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (2 words) may very well not use contractions NOR phrasal verbs ?
9. FORMAL LETTER ORGANISING THE INFORMATION Firstly Secondly In addition Lastly / last but most certainly not least 5. TO END A LETTER I am getting excited about hearing from you soon. Don’t use contractions. Dear Sir/Madam, Dear Mr. / Mrs. Smith Yours faithfully Yours sincerely 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE yours sincerely, yours faithfully,
10. 1. Dear Mr. Smith, 2. I am writing to try to get the career of . which I saw advertised in “The Guardian” newspaper. 3. I am 23 yrs . old and at as soon as I am studying … at …. .Having studied English for over seven years I am a speaker that is fluent of language. My qualifications homework assignment also include Proficiency certificates in both French and German. So far as experience can be involved, I have worked as . for . In terms of my personality, people let me know i will be . 4. I feel i might be suitable for this job because I. . This can give me the opportunity to ….. . I would also like the possiblity to. 5. I look ahead to hearing yours sincerely, 7. Siorella Gonzales from you. 6
11. FCE ESSAY BEFORE YOU START think about a response towards the Essay question! Plan your essay. (Brainstorm for 5-10 minutes) Manage your time and effort. (Aprox. 40 minutes) ONCE YOU FINISH be sure you have expressed yourself clearly. Look at your writing for grammar & spelling mistakes. TIPS NO contractions, colloquial expressions or ‘chatty’ style. Use complex grammar structures and sophisticated vocabulary Use conditional sentences and all PRESENT,PAST, FUTURE tenses. Give your OPINION AT THE END, NOT at the start.
12. The introduction should: • Start general and go til specific • be 3 to 4 sentences long. • have a sentence or 2 concerning the topic in general. • have a sentence telling your reader whether the essay will once look at or both sides regarding the issue. • have a question/idea that you will answer in your essay. (Paragraph 4) The conclusion should: • Start with :: In conclusion” ,“In the end”, “To sum up” etc… • be 2 to 3 sentences long. • Include a summary of your points that are main. • have a reference towards the question that is originalmake an effort to rephrase it). • have your opinion: “I believe…” I think” “I reckon” • haven’t any new information.
13. STRUCTURING YOUR ESSAY Mathematics! • Most people write on 10-12 words per line. • You have to write a total of 190 words, so you should talk about 18 lines as a whole. INTRODUCTION: (general thought) 3 lines (30-40 words) Paragraph 1/ Idea 1 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 2 / Idea 2 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 3 / Idea 3 4 lines (40 words) In CONCLUSION, 3 lines (30-40 words)
14. OUTLINE I. INTRODUCTION II. CONTRAST OF ARGUMENTS A. ADVANTAGES B. DISADVANTAGES (PROS AND CONS). C. GIVING OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE TITLE. III. CONCLUSION
15. MEETING THE GOAL
16. TASK 3: a. Write the draft that is first of essay in an item of paper. (10 min) b. Check your partner’s First draft.
17. ESSAY LINKS http://teacher.sch olastic.com/activiti es/writing/persuas iveflash/transition alwords.htm http://www.flo- joe.co.uk/fce/stud ents/writing/linkin g/ Example question In class you’ve been discussing technology. Now, your English teacher has asked you to write an essay. Write an essay using all the notes and give reasons for your point of view. You need to write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style. Nowadays, technology is everywhere. Has technology made people’s lives better or worse? Notes talk about: 1.medical science 2.the internet 3.your own idea