To get going on PrEP, speak to your regular physician or nurse, or search well for A health that is sexual Clinic. There are also other clinics that offer PrEP by calling 311 or visiting the NYC wellness Map.
Is PrEP right in my situation?
To discover if PrEP suits you, first get tested for HIV. PrEP is for HIV-negative people who will be prepared to just simply just take a regular pill.
You should look at using PrEP in the event that you:
- Never always utilize condoms during intercourse
- Recently possessed an infection (sti that is sexually transmitted
- Have significantly more than one intimate partner
- Have partner who has got intercourse along with other lovers
- Have partner who has got HIV and a detectable or unknown load that is viral
- Are attempting to conceive by having a partner who’s got HIV
- Have partner whom does not want to get an HIV test
- Have sexual intercourse for cash, medications or even an accepted spot to keep
- Inject drugs or have partner whom injects medications
How can PrEP stop HIV?
If you should be subjected to HIV, the medications in PrEP stop the herpes virus from distributing during your human body, preventing an HIV disease. Continue reading