Learn what’s needed to get hitched in Amsterdam, register the delivery of a young kid, or make a death certification.
Engaged and getting married in the Amsterdam region
If you’re about to get married or come right into a subscribed partnership in the Netherlands, you’re needed to inform the local municipality of one’s plans – typically at the very least six months prior to the ceremony. Make a scheduled appointment to offer notice of the intention to marry at your City workplace. Residents of Amsterdam can read more concerning the procedure regarding the City of Amsterdam web site.
- You simply cannot be presently hitched or in a registered partnership
- You need to be 18 or older
- You need to offer notice to your municipality – check using them just what their minimal notification duration is, particularly when it involves non-Dutch nationals
- A minumum of one partner must already legitimately real time and stay registered into the Netherlands
- Same-sex marriages are recognised. Holland became the country that is first the whole world to legalise same-sex wedding in 2001.
Registering a married relationship from abroad
In the event that you have hitched overseas, you’re required to join up the Civil Registry to your marriage in your municipality as soon latin bride as your international wedding certification is legalised. Make reference to our info on authenticating documents that are foreign.
Amsterdam wedding venues
See I amsterdam’s variety of the top-rated wedding venues in the Amsterdam region.
Registering a delivery
Children created when you look at the Netherlands should be registered during the municipality where the delivery were held within 3 days (extended during weekends and general public holiday breaks). Continue reading